The rain here is cutting into my beach time, no me gusta. Granted, it is nothing compared to what I hear is going on in Iowa... but still they said it would NEVER rain here. I still am not going to cave and buy a paragua (umbrella). Yesterday I got soaked on my way to school, but I am still being stubborn. Weird, huh? ;)
Nothing really new is going on here, I had my first test in one of my classes yesterday. Oh yeah, and today my teacher just decided to not show up so that´s actually how I´m using the computer right now. We waited for him for about 45 minutes before giving up. I´ll be really sad if they make us make up class. So now I have about another 30 minutes to burn so that is pretty exciting that I get to be on the computer this WHOLE TIME :) hoot hoot! That´s about all I have for class updates. Classes are going well. I´m already stressing about grades... (another weird, huh? ) haha.
Housing situation is still going well. My roommate and I get along great, which is fun because she is my first random roommate! We were pretty bummed about the weather but then (this really excites me) our other roommates Laura and Kim gave us the idea for how to use my laptop even though we dont get internet... Watch movies!! (Laura brought some with her from the states) Meagan and I watched Juno last night while eating Spanish chocolate bars and drinking Coke Zero (we ran to the grocery store earlier that day .. hehe :) ). So that of course is very exciting for me because now I don´t feel it was a waste to bring my computer. Huzzah!
London: Flights and hostel are booked. Mom I´ll send you the info once I get in from Michael so that you´ll know where we are. I´m pretty excited. We leave thursday night and get back (EARLY) sunday morning. I have a feeling it will be an expensive weekend... the pound is going to hit us even harder than the euro.. with the 2 to 1 exchange rate. Yippee :)
Valencian/Spanish news: (Dad you´ll find this especially interesting) While the oil spill is all cleaned up we have another problem brewing in valencia. All of the truck drivers went on strike the other day. I mean all of them just stopped on the highways and are refusing to drive, they are trying to lower gas prices. Of course now there is no way to get into Valencia by car (or truck) and no food can be delivered. Food prices are expected to soar the next couple days, and the grocery stores are filled with people. They say the strike should be over today or tomorrow. I feel bad for the people who are stuck in their cars on the high way behind them... hope nothing like this happens in the States! Other european news (I read the paper now for practice..) someone bought a baby for 500€. What?! haha.
I think that about covers my bases here. I would love to hear more news from everyone - my email address is ksandvig@iastate.edu. A side note is I probably won´t be sending out postcards here until the end of my stay (if ever). Lo siento (I´m sorry). I just don´t really feel like walking to a post card store for post cards, a stamp store for stamps, and then an hour to the only post office where I can mail out of. Call me lazy but hey.. :).
That´s all for now folks! I hope happy weather comes your way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment