Monday, June 23, 2008

Time is flying!


I cannot believe June is almost over. Loco loco loco.

Jackie, Roxie, and Caitlin made it to Spain with no problems and we have been having an amazing time (as you can imagine :) ) We´ve been going out the the beach, celebrating birthdays, and things of the like. My favorite thing however is one day the four of us were in the Turia Gardens (the river that is now filled in with a park) and Caitlin and I were basically asleep in the shade. Jackie and Roxie told us they were going to go on a quick walk but they would be back soon. About 5 minutes later Caitlin and I were awakened by about the most obnoxious horn i have ever heard, and lo and behold - it is Jackie and Roxie pedalling at us on a six person bike buggy. It was absolutely hilarious. We called Michael and Jacob to join us and we spent a half hour steering clear of little dogs and pedestrians while going crazy on our bike buggy. Too fun.

On my birthday we all went to a Bull Fight which was pretty gruesome but very cultural and interesting. 5 bulls were killed, and one actually got set free because it wouldn´t die so the bull technically ¨won¨. That doesn´t happen often I think. We got seats in the sun because they were cheaper, but very hot. It wasn´t so bad once the sun set though. :) We had second row seats. Very cool, go big or go home I guess :). In other news, Spain won over Italy last night which was a really big deal. They play Russia Thusday and then if they win that it will be the first time they have ever been in the finals for soccer (I´ve heard). So it is a pretty exciting time. Also, June 22nd is (was) a cursed soccer day for Spain (go figure). Every other time Spain played on June 22 they lost the game in penalty kicks. The game went to penalty kicks last night but Spain broke the curse and won! yay!

My swedish roommate moved out, I now have a Belgium roommate. She is fluent in French, English, Spanish and Irelandesa (irish? gaelic? I dont really know). Everything is going well here, I´m keeping up in my classes and getting some good beach time. Jackie, Roxie, and Caitlin left for Barcelona today and will return on Wednesday. I´m gonna use the down time to get ahead in a few of my classes so that I´ll have more freetime when they are around. It´s been so nice having my three best chicas here. I love em :).

Mom and Dad are coming on friday and I am sooo thrilled. I can´t believe it is already time for them to be here, when we first started the program it seemed like the day they would get here was so far away. Once again, TIME FLIES.

I miss Brian.

That about wraps it up. I´m gonna do some homework now, head home and eat ¨la comida¨(lunch) at my house at 2:30. Then mosey around with my roommate in the downtown area. I would hit the beach again, but between the beach and the bull fight yesterday I´m about sunned out. Adios muchachos, I miss you all!

:)

No comments: